Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, May 5, 2014

More Recycled Instrument String Jewelry

Not too long ago one of my friends gave me an old string from her husband's violin he was changing out.  I had asked some of my friends for old strings from their instruments. You see, I've been experimenting with making jewelry out of old strings.
This is my first piece. I made this with some old guitar strings. It's fun to wear and I get a lot of fun comments when I wear it.

I knew I wanted to make my friend something with the violin string she gave me. She has been so nice, and has been the main person that has gotten our dulcimer group together and running. She is one busy woman!
The string was silver and on the end had one purple and one turquoise cotton string attached. I knew I wanted to keep them intact. This is what I came up with.
I made a seed bead necklace for her to hang it on. 
Here is another necklace I finished. It is made from a guitar string with turquoise glass seed beads woven around it. I hung it on a glass seed bead necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment