Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, May 23, 2014

Earrings for the Pennyrile Dulcimer Players

For those of you still hopping around reading Bead Soup 8 click here.
Our dulcimer group is now official. We have a name and we have T-shirts! I've also had requests for earrings by the ladies in our group. Everyone is liking my paper beads, so I decided to make earrings using them.
Here is what I came up with...white scrapbooking paper with silver glitter. They have a triple layer of gloss, so they should stay sparkly. I added turquoise seed beads to match our shirts. I also used hematite hearts because the original mountain dulcimers had heart sound holes.
We have quite the group, so I made several pair, still got a few more to make.
This is me with my dulcimer, it has butterfly and morning glory sounds holes.
Here are a few of us at Civil War Days several weeks ago at one of our neighboring counties. I believe this was the first time we got to wear our shirts. I think they look very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment