Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, September 11, 2015

I HATE WALLPAPER!!!!

Boy, did this summer ever go fast!!!! One of the things I worked on was taking down wallpaper in our kitchen....

The kitchen wasn't too bad, except for the pink and white candy striper wallpaper. For those of you who do not know what a candy striper is, well, according to the dictionary it is a teenage girl who does volunteer nursing in a hospital. A long time ago, they were pretty popular, and they wore dresses that were pink and white pin stripe.

We bought our home and moved in this past January. There is A LOT of wallpaper in the house, and we knew we would be taking it down....little by little. 


Something else that was in the kitchen that we thought we were not a fan of was this rooster. I named him Rudy, and over the months, he has grown on me. 


Anyway...

I fretted over this project for several months. Our house was built in 1989, and I was sure the wallpaper was put up when the house was built, so, therefore, would be on bare drywall. Well, I was not completely right on that. There were actually TWO layers of wallpaper, the first layer being primed over, then the bare drywall. UGH!


I called various painters and wallpaper people. Only two showed up, and then never got back with me with an estimate. I was on my own. I did a lot of research, and found that I needed a great deal of patience and time. It was very tedious work.

Eventually, I was able to get it all down. My husband came in, prepped all the walls and painted. We now we have a nice bright kitchen. 

I chose a pale yellow. We have been married for over 32 years, and I always wanted a yellow kitchen, so now I have one, and I love it!!!

By the way...we kept Rudy the Rooster. He is now officially part of the family...

Now to move to the next room...





No comments:

Post a Comment