Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, January 22, 2018

Autism Awareness

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I am about to share. I have two nephews with autism, ages 15 and 12. They live in the state of Florida, and love the beach. Their dad surfs; on occasion he takes them with him, and they LOVE it! They have also been involved with Surfers for Autism and Special Olympics where they competed in surfing, track, swimming, and other sports.

For the last few years, I have been trying to figure out how to do something with my TappingflamingoBling line of jewelry that will help with autism. I handcraft items that are cruise and beach inspired, and I wanted to stay with my theme.
Multistrand Waxed Cord
Surfer Style Bracelet by 
TappingflamingoBling

Well, I think I have come up with the perfect idea. I think I'm going to make something and then donate a portion of the sales toward autism awareness. 


These surfer style multi strand bracelets are perfect for you to wear while enjoying the beach. I love jewelry, but you really have to be careful what you wear to the beach and pool, and also in the shower. Even the 18K gold fine jewelry is not a match for these places, as the salt at the beach, chemicals in the pool and soap in the shower can deteriorate your pieces.

Because I love to wear my jewelry when I swim and head out to the beach, I came up with this new style that allows you to do so. They are made from waxed cording that is very durable. Because they are adjustable, you can wear them as a necklace, bracelet or anklet.


I used the autism awareness colors of yellow, red, light blue and dark blue to put these together, and I used a knotting technique that make them adjustable. 

So, what do you think? Would you wear these, or know anyone that would?

Autism awareness month is April, and I plan to have these available to purchase on my TappingflmaingoBling Etsy Shop real soon! I am already having people asking me about them. Stay tuned for more info on how you can get your TappingflamingoBling Autism Awareness Bracelet. 


1 comment: