Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Have You Ever Ordered Anything From Etsy?

I know a lot of us have. There are so many neat things over there! If I ever need a nice, unusual gift, Etsy is the first place I turn too. 

Bubbles & Mermaid Guitar String Ornament
from TappingflamingoBling

There is something about Etsy that does bug me, and I really don't know how to correct the issue. It is not really Etsy's fault, it is just something that has happened over the years.

Natural Beaded and Chain Wire Wrapped Shell Necklace
from TappingflamingoBling

Let me ask you this....when you have purchased something from an Etsy shop, and someone compliments you, and asks where you got it, what do you say? I am as guilty as the rest....I would venture to say that your answer would be, "ETSY!" Well, that would be an incorrect answer. Etsy did not design and hand create that pretty little necklace you are wearing. An artisan that has a shop through Etsy's website did. 


I am blogging about this, because it was brought to my attention. I can't believe that I never even thought about it. I have my own shop through Etsy called, TappingflamingoBling. When someone purchases one of my creations, I hope that they tell people that it came from TappingflamingoBling, not Etsy.  Well, I mean you can still reference Etsy, but say something like, "Oh, thank you! I got this piece from TappingflamingoBling who has a handmade shop through Etsy." Or...."TappingflamingoBling designed and made this piece. She has a shop over on Etsy."  

Wedding Cake Keychain Pulls
from TappingflamingoBling

Most of us who have online shops depend on the word of mouth. There is so much competition out there, that it is really hard to be seen sometimes. 

Glass Bead and Crystal Wedding Memory Wire Bracelet
from TappingflamingoBling


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and reading my blog. Maybe we can all help those shops on Etsy by giving these very talented artisans credit.

Princess Keychains/Bag/Lanyard Decorations
Great for Fishexteder Gift Exchange
from TappingflamingoBling






1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so guilty of this as well. I think I never thought about it. But from now on I will say the shop instead of the generic "etsy".

    ReplyDelete