Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Christmas Season Is Officially Here!

Can't believe it's been about ten years since we made these in Relief Society in Crossett, AR

I love Christmas. I love the music, the decorations, family times, and especially what the meaning is all about; our Savior Jesus Christ.  This year was a bit of a struggle at first. In my opinion, there is just too much commercialization, but this past week things have gotten better.  Getting all the decorations up, and ready for everyone to get here, and especially after last night I am finally in the mood.

Each year, our church hosts a world wide Christmas devotional which is aired on the BYU Channel. (9304 for all you Dishnetwork people).  Last night my youngest son and I (the only ones at home now), sat down and enjoyed the music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and talks from our Prophet and his two councelors. I just love hearing them talk...what wonderful inspiration comes from them. I encourage you all to listen, it is very much worth your time. 

Usually, I do quite a bit of decorating, but this year, with the house on the market and all, I figured I should do basic decorating; Christmas tree, wreath on the door, and a few things here and there. 

Just down the road from where we live is a store called Mer Rouge. I love that place. It has all kinds of stuff for you to decorate your home. Needless to say, I have shopped there on many occasions.  Its a fun place to find gifts too.  Anyway, for the past couple years, they have had mesh. That stuff is a lot of fun to work with, and easy too. For the past couple years, I have used it to decorate my front door. This past spring, though, I made my first mesh wreath, and have had it on our door ever since. I just rotate the flowers to make it seasonal.


Originally, I chose the green because I have a green door, but in the back of my head, I figured I would be able to change out the season, easier with a green background. For Christmas, I added a sparkly green ribbon and sliver and while floral and gift sticks.

Mer Rouge has other forms for the mesh besides the wreaths. I've had my eyeball on some candy cane forms, and when I went in the other day, they Christmas tree forms. Oh wow, what a decision. Since I went in for the candy canes, I got two of them. I planned to put them outside, but only made up one and decided to put in on my front door on the inside.


I think I may just save the other one for next year when we are in our new home. I may even go back and get the Christmas tree form and stuff to do that, since I will not be able to go back next year. Boy, I am sure gonna miss that place!

Well, now that I have the decorations up, the Christmas music playing and expecting my family in a few weeks, I am ready. As of tomorrow, I should have all my shopping done, and will be able to enjoy the Christmas Season. Sure hope your Christmas is a happy one too!






No comments:

Post a Comment