Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Resolutions








Losing weight, has been a long battle for me in the last say, 23 years (since I started having children). Being more organized, that has it's ups and downs too. The moving goal, well there is not much I can do about that, and when it does happen, that will take care of my getting more organized. Improving my photography skills, well, that is something I can start working on now, and with each photo I take, it helps me to improve. Once we get moved, I plan to take some more classes, but in the mean time, I need to just take pictures...lots of them, but I think I really need to assign myself a specific assignment. So, for the next year, I plan to dedicate my blog to a weekly photo assignment. I have seen several bloggers do this, in fact, I have a pretty good friend of mine that is doing it with several other ladies. I love looking at their Foto Fridays, so I decided to do something similar. I made a list of some ideas, and while they seem really good ideas, knowing that our family will someday very soon be uprooted and possibly living in a motel for who knows how long (til we find our house), I won't be able to commit to the every Friday thing. BUT! I can try. So that is what I pan to do. Each and every Friday, post something about my photography, using a theme of some sort. 








This week, since it is the close of 2011, my assignment will be...saying good-bye to 2011. It was a good year, mostly. We had mostly ups--graduations, wedding, travel, new job, etc. Gladly, nothing really bad, and I am grateful for that!


So, here are my Good-bye to 2011 photos...



The high school graduation of our 3rd child

The college graduation and wedding of our only daughter

Fun trips:
Washington DC Temple

Colorful Colorado,

Bahamas,
Cocoa Beach, FL

The Bayou that runs through our neighborhood.

And then just enjoying being at home.

2011, you have been a great and busy year. We will look back on you with wonderful memories. 2012, We hope you will be just as good if not better!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Just want to let everyone know, I am having a hard time with blogger right now, as the color, font, pictures, pretty much this whole blog keeps moving around. So, sorry for the bad presentation. I'm afraid to fix anything on it, as every time I do, the font size, color and placement changes, not to mention the pictures moving to places I don't want them to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got all three of those so far! I completely purged my house of about 3/4 of what we own! Feels so good. Got us down to what we would live on or need for 2 weeks in a hotel...clothes...dishes..etc....I gave up sweets. I got a photography class at LSU for Christmas! So stoked!!

    ReplyDelete