Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Frustrating Day

Yesterday, was a pretty frustrating day. My daughter is having some minor surgery on Friday, and I had planned to go down to Baton Rouge to spend some time with her. My youngest son, Benjamin, came home Monday from school with a 103 temperature. Ut oh....maybe I won't be going down. Oh, he should be fine by Thursday. Nope, he is still sick. So, needless to say, I was not able to go down.

I had everything planned. Kennel Sox, set up two open houses...one for the Realtors on Thursday and one for the public on Sunday. Benjamin was excited to not have to go down to Baton Rouge and stay with a friend. Hmmm...change of plans. So I didn't go down. I really felt bad, but Ashley is a big girl, and has a fantastic husband that will take very good care of her.

So, after I took care of those change of plans, I get a call about the house we have had our eye on in Kentucky. This house was one of the first houses we saw, and fell in love with immediately. It has a nice back yard with a beautiful pool. Two, two car garages. One of which is air and heated. Perfect for many options. Game room including our ping pong table, or a craft room, or a dance studio, or a photography studio. So many options. The backyard butted up to horses. Yes, you know the visual you have when you think of Kentucky? You could see the horses from two of the upstairs bedrooms. Nice!  Plus so many other nice things, but, anyway, if you hadn't guessed, yes, this house is under contract. Just this week, I started "moving" into this house. Now it is gone. I was very sad, so I decided to go take a bubble bath, yes a bubble bath in my jet tub that I have not used in the four years we have lived here. I sat and did a lot of thinking.  Oh, and one more thing, my new watch I just bought the day before, stopped working. ugggg. It was time for me to go to bed.

Well, after a night of not much sleep (one of those nights that my mind wondered), I woke up optimistic. You know, that house must not met to be. So, I will move on....

Benjamin, Sox, and I spent quite a bit of time in the car today. During the Realtor open house, we headed to Sonic for lunch, tried to find people to talk to on the phone (seems everyone was busy), and then just drove around the neighborhood til the open house was done. Within thirty minutes after we got home, I got a call from our Realtor saying that she had someone wanting to see our house. So, back in the car we went. This time we were in the car for almost an hour. Good sign! Not long after they left, I get a call from my Realtor with good news!  They loved it.

Now, we have to get prepared for Sunday's open house. Hopefully, soon, we will have a viable contract on this home, and be able to find the perfect home in Kentucky.


  1. I'm so sorry! I hope your house sells quickly now... and you find another perfect little place!