Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, December 9, 2011

DONATING TO A WORTHY CAUSE

Funny, how a good night's sleep can make things look up the next day. Sorry for the negative post last night. Again, I was doing a lot of thinking, and now, I feel good. I know all will work out for whatever is right for our family; it always does. 




I usually have my hand in some project. Lately, my project has been this move. I'm getting a bit bored with it.  With Christmas around the corner, I've been getting my gifts in order. I like to make what gifts I can, and the rest, I try to put a lot of thought into. This year, my in-laws have requested that we don't get them anything. They have told us that if we think we have to do something, then do something for someone else. It can be anything. I got to thinking about this, and thought maybe I could do something with my jewelry. Making jewelry is fun, and relaxing, but one can only use so many pieces. I do make and sell several pieces, but mostly this time of year, and I have not really put the time into it this year. Some ideas I have, is to donate some of my pieces to maybe a women's shelter or nursing home, in my in-laws community; donate it in their name. I know many of the women who wind up in these shelters come with nothing but the clothes on their backs, and many times have little ones in tow. I know I love to wear beautiful things, and maybe one of my pieces will help someone feel special. 


Have any of you done anything like this before? I would like to hear any ideas you might have. Christmas is getting close at hand, so I need to get on the ball with this if I'm going to do it. Today, I plan to do some research, and inventory to see what I have and what I need to do.


I look forward to hearing your ideas.





No comments:

Post a Comment