Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Got My Button Swap!

Buttons! I have fallen in love with BUTTONS! So much in fact, that I have joined a button swap!


Cindy Wimmer is our host, and she has paired me up with SuzQ. I really enjoyed talking with my partner, she's a Florida girl too!  After talking to her, I knew exactly what I wanted to send, BUT, had no luck in finding it, so I had to make her one. I'm not sure if she has gotten her buttons, so I won't spoil the surprise.  I will, though share what she sent to me. They just came the other day!
She sent me quite a stash. Sorry it's kinda blurry, but you can see the abolone on the bottom left, and next to it is a gold button. On the top row you can see stripes and two other really cool buttons.
She also sent me some silver buttons
and some black buttons.
The small one has mica in it, the one on the right is etched, the top one is sparkly (I think she said that was her fav).
Here's my favorite. The funny thing is, my daughter just got married this past June, and she used yellow and turquoise butterflies in all her flowers and decorations. I blogged about it here and here.
Quite the stash would you say?
When I took them out, I looked over each one very carefully, and then let them sit for a day, and then made something. Then I let them set another day, and today, I made something else with three of them. I have ideas for the butterfly rolling in my head. Will have let that simmer awhile though...



No comments:

Post a Comment