Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Salad Recipe!

I have to share my latest invention. 
This weekend, we did a lot of grilling. Since the weather has cooled down into the 80's is has been perfect for outside cooking. We grilled up a bunch of chicken and enjoyed some of it. With the left overs, I made a wonderful salad. I made it up as I went.
First,
I took some Romaine lettuce leaves and cut them up Chiffonade style and put them in a bowl.

Then I chopped up some almonds and dried cherries, and added them to the lettuce. I chopped up some of the leftover chicken, added it to the bowl and added some ranch/bacon dressing and topped with crumbled blue cheese.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

It was so yummy. We have been invited to a friends house for Family Home Evening.
Everyone is to bring a salad or rolls and then we are going to make homemade ice cream. Bill told me I should bring this salad; so...we cooked up some more chicken
and THAT is what we are going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment