Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Decisions, Decisions...

We have a room that my mom refers to as, The Pipe and Slippers Rooom. I have to say, that is a very good name for that room. It has tasteful paneling with dental molding, a big fireplace with brick and a large mantel, and to top it off, we have our cherry pool table in there.  It also has a large window. The curtains on this window are U GA LEEEE!!!!

At first I thought maybe to hang white sheers. That was a big NO! Too much of a contrast. I need 95" curtains since the room is sunken. I have looked everywhere for 95" curtains and have had zero luck. I've looked online, but not too impressed with what I've seen. So, I might just have to make them. UG!

Before I get material, I want to make sure what I pick I will like, so, I went to Lowes, bought several panels I like, came home and hung each one up. I'd like to get ya'lls opinion....

I love lace and sheers. As I mentioned before, the white is just too, well WHITE! So what about a tea stained color lace sheer? Did I mention I love lace?
Here is the view from the family room
Here's the view from the kitchen
I don't really have them hanging up there too well, but you get the idea.
I am not normally a fan of toile, but when I saw this I fell in love. It has a tea stained background with black design.
Again first view is from the family room, the second from the kitchen.
 Here is another toile. I love the colors, yellow back ground
blue print.
 Then last but not least, we have green. When I was a little girl, green was my favorite color. While I still like green, it is not my fav.
I like this color, not sure about in the room though. I love the print, very tropical. It has flowers and butterflies on it.

Ok, now, what do you think? The feel I am trying for is a Colonial Caribbean look. I have pictures of the tropics that will go in this room. They have light frames and cobalt blue matting. The pictures have vibrant Caribbean colors of water, trees and buildings.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be honest. I LOVE the lace hate the ring effect. I don't know why but I have to avoid them in my house which is always a pain. Would something that covered about 75% the window in lace with a real material top work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your honesty. I've had a hard time with the ring thing, so I just made something. I will be blogging about it in a few weeks.

      Delete