Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, August 27, 2012

QUESTION ABOUT NEW ORLEANS

Alright, all my Louisiana Friends, I got a question for you.


In December, Bill and I are planning a trip down to Baton Rouge to visit with Ashley and Jeremy. While down there, we are wanting to take a side day trip to New Orleans. I've only been there a couple of times, and the only time Bill has been was to do some hurricane clean up. 


We don't want to spend a lot of money, and there are some things I know I would like to do.

Of course there is the French Quarters and Jackson Square
And beignets at Cafe Du Monde!
We would probably stop by the Gumbo Shop for lunch.

I'd like to ride on the street cars. If I had the choice of one, it would be the one that goes to St Charles of course.

I'd also like to go see one of the cemeteries. I heard the St Louis Cemetery #1 is within walking distance to the French Quarter area. Just wondering if it is a safe walk. I'd just like to go and take pictures, not necessarily go on a tour.

At the end of the day, I would like to head back to Baton Rouge by going over the Lake Pontchartrain causeway, northbound from Metairie to Mandeville. This is the longest continuous bridge over water in the world you know.  

So, anyway, I was doing some internet surfing, and thought probably the best way to find out what the best things to do was to just ask my friends that have frequented NOLA. Any info would be greatly welcomed. Also any good tips would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment