Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Three Blue Ribbons!!!!

Our local extension office has a stitching group I've been going to for the last few months. Most of the ladies knit and crochet. Some do a little cross stitching. I crochet, I CANNOT knit (lol), and I've done a little cross stitching. The main reason I joined the club is because a friend of mine saw my crochet wire necklaces and since I was new in town, invited me to the group. I am so glad she did, because I have met some wonderful ladies.
A couple of months ago, it was announced that our club was eligible to enter some of our crafts into a contest. Anything from photography, jewelry, knitting, etc. was allowed. I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to enter and finally narrowed it down to nine entries. For the most part I was pleased with the outcome. 

My photography didn't do very well, and I was a little disappointed. I got third place for my black and white entry.
But my color entry got nothing. Seeing what was entered, I think I know now what they were looking for. I'll be ready next year.
I can't show you this piece, as it is part of the Bead Soup Blog Party that I will be revealing April 6. I can tell you that it got second place in it's category (beaded jewelry).
I can't show you this piece either for the same reason, but it placed third under Jewelry, Mixed Media.
This piece got third place in it's category.
Remember this? Well, it got second place under Recycled.
This is what I started with. I recycled a pop top from a can and old telephone wire.
This is another Bead Soup, and it got first place! I can't tell you what category, because it will ruin the surprise.
Using these beads that Tammie, my Bead Soup partner made, I placed first it the category with the piece I made. Again, can't tell you what that category is....it will ruin the surprise on April 6.
This is a decoupage piece I decided to throw in at the last minute. It actually got first place in it's category. 

I entered a crochet frilly scarf. They are really popular right now, and I really didn't expect it to get anything, which it did NOT. In all I am happy with the way things went. I got three blue ribbons (two pieces of jewelry), and all three of those pieces will be entered at the state level. It will be interesting to see how that goes...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait to see everything you entered! Let us know how you do at state! :)

    ReplyDelete