Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Beautiful, Sunny, Mosquioty November Afternoon

This afternoon, I had the privilege to do another photo shoot.  This time with one of my friends from church and her family.  I love taking family photos, especially when it is laid back and fun.  I usually like to get to where I am taking pictures early and kinda scope things out; even if I've used the place before.  Places are different each time you go.  It had only been a week since I had taken pictures at this place, as I had a photo shoot with another family who I am friends with from church.  Today, unlike last week, it was cloudy and very warm. Last week, it was sunny and COLD!!!  But, today, it felt like late spring or early summer. The temperatures were in the 80's and we had a lot of mosquitoes, yes! those pesty bugs you get in the summer, and boy, were they hungry!

Anyway, while I was waiting, I noticed butterflies all over, so I started taking some pictures.  I saw one butterfly in particular that I thought was beautiful.  It was yellow (one of my favorite colors) and it was fluttering around some purple (my other favorite color) Mexican Petunias. I loved watching him fly around, and was hoping I could get some decent pictures.



I love the contrast of purple and yellow together. Well, I took some ok pictures. Those little buggers are hard to get, you and your camera have to be fast!
As far as the family pictures, they came out great. I can't wait to get them to my friend and see what she thinks. I love taking pictures at this particular place, as it is out by a lake that use to be part of the bayou. There are a lot of cypress trees and Spanish moss hanging from the trees; it makes a great back drop for those Louisiana pictures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment