Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, November 7, 2011

Pool Table Blues

Have had a very busy day trying to stage our house. When we moved into this house, we had a real nice pool table that our family enjoyed. It is really hard to find a house that will allow a pool table. After much contemplating, we decided to put the pool table into the living room and use the dining room as the living room. It worked for our family.

Apparently, these days with HGTV and all, no on seems to have any vision. You have to spell it out for them. Not only that, people want everything beyond perfect.  Spa bathrooms with lush matching towels, gourmet kitchen, again with plush towels and a set table with high end dishes; bedrooms with expensive furniture, trillion count bedding, etc. Seems like people do not live in their homes anymore, they just showcase them.

My husband took a job in Kentucky and started 19 September, leaving me and the kids here to sell the house. My first thought was to move the pool table out of here. Before my husband left for KY, we rented a storage unit and decluttered. I kept saying that we should move the pool table out, but no one would listen to me, not even the realtor.

Several weeks and several showings later, the realtor asks about the pool table. People could not get beyond the pool table.  Even though there was a TV outlet in the living room, they could not figure out where the TV should go, etc. Our realtor wondered if we could just move the pool table into the dining room.  Well, first off you don't just move a 1000+ pound pool table, and second off, you think people thought it strange in the living room?  I can guarantee it will look hideous in the dining area.  The table is HUGE!!!!

I really can't understand why realtors cannot help people to get a vision.  Even if I were to put the furniture in the proper rooms who's to say I even have the same type furniture as any of the potential buyers?  I have a couch and love seat. Maybe they have a sectional, or a couch and two chairs. Do I need to have different type furniture for each person who comes to look at my house...No.   Part of the job of a realtor is to help people get a vision.  Give them ideas as to where THEIR things would go. I can understand that we should depersonalized things, but I also believe people need to have some sort of creativity.

Well, now my pool table is in a pile in the garage--where our ping pong table use to sit, and our living room furniture is in the living room complete with TV. When I had it all moved, I sat down to enjoy my show (Dancing With the Stars) to find that our TV does not work. With all the work and all, it didn't even dawn on me that the Dishnetwork would not work. UGGGGG!!!!! So I called Dish to find that we have to pay $150 to get everything hooked up to the right outlet.  No thank you!  So now, we sit with no TV, no pool and no ping pong.  Needless to say, my name is mud.

Hopefully, it won't be long before we are out of here, and all together in our new home in Kentucky.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of shows you can watch on TV. Check out sites like cbs.com and xfinitytv.comcast.net

    I bet your house will show much better now at least!

    ReplyDelete