Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'M GAME, ARE YOU?

My new cross-trainers I bought with my Christmas money


With the weather being either cold and dry, or warm and rainy, our walking group has had little walking time lately. Last night Evelyn called and asked if I wanted to walk if it was not raining or cold. Yesterday it was 60, so we decided to attempt it. When I got up this morning, it was 46. Now I know for all you Northern people, that might not seem like a big deal. But for my Southern bones, it is. We decided to go ahead, but wait until 9 or so. It didn't warm up much; 49, and it started to mist, but we went ahead and braved it. We were out the door by 9:30


Even though it was cold and damp, we enjoyed walking the neighborhood and catching up with everything that has been going on. At 10:30, I was home. The temp had only warmed to 51, but I had a warm feeling in my heart, as I was able to start my day out on a right note; good healthy breakfast, a four-mile walk, and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment