Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Time to be with friends and family and enjoy some good food. Until I married Bill, Thanksgiving wasn't much of a holiday for us. We always lived so far from family, so it was pretty much just like any other day, except daddy was home and we DID eat some good food. 

When I was away in college, I never got to go anywhere, again because it was too far. It really didn't bother me much. It was kinda nice to be in a quiet apartment for once. A lot of the time, though, I did get an invite from either a roommate or some other friend that was closer to home.

Since I've been married, almost every year we spend Thanksgiving with my in laws. I am usually in charge of making an apple salad. This apple salad has been in our family for many, many years. Bananas, apples, celery, drained canned pineapple (reserve the juice), walnuts, and marshmallows are in it. Once you cut up and mix all that together, you add the pineapple juice to some mayonnaise and pour it over the salad. It is really good. This year, I will be making the apple salad, jambalaya, and macaroni and cheese. 
If you'd like a good jambalaya recipe click here.
Well, this is just a quick little post. I'm sure I'll have some pictures of all the fun we had during our Thanksgiving. I sure hope all of you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Oh, and try not to eat too much. Unless, that is, if you want to rev up the exercise like I probably will be doing next week.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment