Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One of My Favorite Places

Growing up in the East Central Florida area, I had plenty opportunity to go to the beach. I love the beach. I love the feel of the warm sun beating down on me. I love the feel of the sand between my toes. I love the sound of the ocean waves and the birds flying overhead. I even love watching people at the beach.
As a local, one finds their favorite place to go to the beach. As a teenager, I liked heading to Cocoa Beach around 2nd street. That was a long time ago.
When I moved away, and only came to Florida to visit my family, I enjoyed taking my children to Jetty Park. It has changed a lot since I  was a kid. It's much bigger now. There is a campsite (I would love to go camping there someday, but one needs to put in a reservation a year in advanced). There are also bathrooms, and a place to buy food. 

Nice boardwalks surround the area too. 
People come to fish, swim, watch the cruise ships and just hang out It's actually a really nice place for that. Another thing that Jetty Park is good for, is to watch the rocket and shuttle launches, well I guess now just the rocket launches.

Jetty Park, Cape Canaveral, Florida

This is the view of Jetty Park from our cruise ship.



No comments:

Post a Comment