Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, February 5, 2012

TIME FOR A VISIT

This past week, I spent time with my husband in our future hometown. Each morning, I got up, took him to work then headed on over to the YMCA for classes. I took Zumba, Palates, Step Box, a toning class, and a class for Adults and Older Adults. So, when did I become an "Older Adult?" I guess two years ago when I turned 50!

Anywho...I enjoyed all my classes, and everyone was so nice. They seem excited for us to move and for me to come to classes on a regular basis. The teachers were very nice and their classes were very enjoyable. One even told me that maybe someday, I could start teaching up there. Boy, did she read my mind. I told here that was my goal...someday...

After I gave my body a workout, I went back to the motel and cleaned up. By that time, It is time to go get Bill and have lunch. After I took him back to work, I had various things to do. I checked out the college and talk to someone about our oldest son getting into the welding program. I also had to check out the mall, Lowe's, and Walmart, the library, and I did some driving around. After work, we looked at houses and went out for dinner.

As I drove around the area, I saw that I am going to like this place. It has a small town feel, but yet is not that small (unless you compare it to some place like Los Angeles). I can see that as soon as we get settled, I will be able to find plenty to get involved with in the community. If our town does not have it, it is only a short distance to a bigger city. Heck, half the time if you live in a big city, you have to travel 30 minutes or so (in heavy traffic) to get there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment