Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Honey Glazed Pork

Meat...one should eat sparingly. Most Americans do not, though.
In my opinion, our family eats too much meat, but we eat far less than most Americans.

We rarely eat steak.
We usually eat chicken, fish, some seafood, and mostly venison.
Every once in awhile, I'll bring home some pork.

As most of you, I've gotten on the Pinterest kick. I decided to try one of the many delicious looking recipes this past Sunday. A couple of weeks ago, I had bought some pork chops, and since all my boys were home for dinner, I decided to try this recipe:
Boy were these every good!!!
I had all the ingredients on hand and it was very simple to do.
Because it was a "sweet and sour" dish, I decided to use our last Rice-a-Roni (oriental), as one of the side dishes. 
Then I had to come up with something green.
I had a package of baby spinach with some strawberry vinaigrette, slivered almonds, and  strawberry bits.
And here's our yummy, easy, balanced meal.

By the way, my boys thought I had totally lost my marbles when I started taking pictures of our dinner...well, maybe I have, but It's still fun to make this stuff, take pictures of it, and tell ya'll about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment