Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Organized Mess

I have a love/hate relationship with moving. I love being able to move to a new place and go through stuff and decorate. I love meeting new people. The reason I hate to move is pretty much the same reason's I love to move. The mess that accumulates and saying good-bye to my friends.


We put quite a few things in storage, thinking it would not be for too long. Five months, later we still sit here. Some of the stuff in storage, I am needing now, but there is no way I am going in there and going through stuff to hunt it down.


Over a five month period, one accumulates a lot of mail...mail that you cannot throw away.
This is my "organized" mess. Kind of an oxymoron isn't it...organized mess?
Believe it our not this is organized, and no one better touch it! I do know where things are. But I do have to admit it is getting out of hand.
Between all the EOB's from my thumb surgery, and Miles' gum surgery, and Ashley's procedure, etc, and then all the bills, moving stuff, tax info, relocation info (I could go on forever), we are getting bombarded with paper work (didn't they say that the computer age would essentially do away with ALL paper work? Ya right...)
So, what should I do? Well, I was inspired with a blog I read the other day. So, I went out, bought me a basket,
I was lucky enough to find one with a lid!
and...
get things organized.
Boy, it sure makes me feel so much better!

P.S. This might not look as nice as the one on the blog, but I really had a hard time finding file folders. No one seemed to know what I was talking about. Go figure. Well, at least I found a basket that had a lid on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment